The Lord has taught me some lessons about myself and Him this past year and a half that I could not have learned any other way.
Lessons about myself.
1. My heart is desperately wicked ( I am more aware of this then ever.) That is why I need a Savior.
2. I am extremely selfish.
3. I am impatient.
4. My identity needs to found as Fathers child, not in the things I do or don't do.
5. I love being home and caring for my family.
6. I love giving hospitality.
7. Family is important to me.
8. My husband is truly my best friend.
9. I can have victory in my life when I walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh.
10. I fight my situation without even realizing it.
11. I whine a lot. :<(((( and need true friends to point it out to me when I do.
12. Ministry outside my home had become an Idol of sorts to me.
13. I am satisfied and at peace, when I focus on Him and am thankful for the season.
So these are some of the things that He has taught me about Himself.
1. God is good all the time - I always knew this but now I really know it.
2. He assigns us to things that we don't even know we need.
3. He is conforming me into the image of Christ.
4. He gives us do overs when we fail.
5. Nothing is wasted with Him.
6. He loves me unconditionally.
7. He loves to spend time with me and I don't need a conference or anything else to be in His presence.
8. He refreshes my soul.
9. He gives joy unspeakable.
10. His grace is sufficient
11. I don't have to go anywhere, He sends those whom He wants me to minister to, to my home.
This season has been difficult and challenging, but it has been such a blessing. I am so thankful that God exposes in me everything that is not like Jesus so I can repent. I am so thankful that God has given me this time with my mom to make more memories. I have always tried to take care of my home, but did not realize how much I was gone and how many things I had let go so I could "minister". I have enjoyed being home and cleaning and doing laundry and cooking and working in the garden and making a home for my husband and family. God knew what He was doing when He told us to be keepers at home. I no longer feel guilty for not having my calendar full of appts. each day. I am learning to just BE.....what a gift God has given me.
I pray that as you find yourself in different seasons of life that you will embrace the season and realize God is the one assigns the season. The steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord.
The day will come when He releases us to travel again but until then I am going to enjoy this time and not feel guilty. His grace is sufficient.
Much love, Sherry