As we sat in the plane this morning I could not help but begin to think about all the ways God has blessed us over the past few weeks. It reminded me of the old hymn Count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done, Count your many blessings name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done. Don't you just love the words? It is true though. I sat there and they just started coming so I want to share some of them with you.
1. Grandchildren and a daughter and friends who have willingly stepped up to stay with Wayne's mom so we could take this trip.
2. Mom being healthy enough that we could leave her.
3. People who have generously given finances to pay for our expenses.
4. A Church family that sends us off with blessings and love.
5. Friends who felt prompted to send texts keeping us focused on the Lord and His assignment for us.
6. Seats on the plane that had leg room.
7. A half empty plane which allowed each of us to have a whole row to ourselves so we could lay out flat and sleep. It was almost as good as first class.
8. Opportunities to share our story and help others find hope in Christ.
9. Finding PW's passport so we could board our last flight.. He could not find it and we thought he had dropped it somewhere. It had gotten pushed down in the carryon somehow.
These are just a few but there were so many more that popped into my mind.
On the plane excited to start our mission
Leg room, not first class but felt like it since each of us were able to take a whole row to ourselves, that meant sleeping laying flat.
Beautiful sunrise this morning in Frankfurt
In closing I have to share a funny story. Because PW had surgery the beginning of October the doctor told him he cannot lift anything yet. So that means I am the luggage carrier. This is driving him nuts because he is such a good husband and pampers me. Carrying the luggage at the airport was not a problem because we only had carryons and they had wheels so I could easily pull them, however when we arrived in Krakow we had to pick up our additional 2 suitcases. The cab driver carried them to the car and put them in and took us to the hotel where we will be staying for 2 days to get ready to teach. The hotel receptionist said the elevator was around the corner and went to the 3rd floor where our room is located. Easy peasy right? roll the cases no problem....until the elevator door opened onto a little landing with a set of stairs leading to the 3rd floor. Yup you guessed it, I had to carry them all up the steps. PW filmed the whole thing. I was laughing so hard I could hardly get up the steps. I think there must have been 15 or more steps.
Please keep us in prayer over the next 2 weeks. Pray we will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and that God will draw those He wants to be at each seminar we teach and that marriages will be restored and made stronger.
So this is the beginning........stay tuned for updates each day.
PW and Sherry